Jan 30th, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Rockville, MD - White Flint Metro area
Schedule: Office hours (Mon. - Fri.)
Benefits: Competitive benefits package
We're on a mission to find a creative, deadline-oriented Jr Production Artist/Graphic Designer with excellent work ethic, problem-solving abilities and who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. You will be designing Print, Emails, Digital Banners, and Website design (UX/UI).
Our ideal candidate has a knack for thinking about the consumer and clearly understands how their work impacts their experiences. Do you spend your days and free time dreaming up new and exciting ways to create compelling digital creative? The ideal candidate would have: the ability to translate brand and promotional related content into compelling digital and print experiences. Are you meticulous and goal oriented with a keen eye for the smallest details? The Jr. Production Artist / Graphic Designer is the final checkpoint in the creative design process, reviewing final copy, layouts and content in print or digital form. The ideal candidate possesses a high-level of interactive, navigation, information design acumen and a proven ability to work across multiple media types while recognizing vehicle capabilities and limitations. This role requires interfacing and working with multiple departments in the company, making this position a great opportunity to learn many aspects of the business while putting your creative skills to work.
- Create innovative and commercially-effective campaigns, collateral, graphics, web pages and digital assets for a variety of technical audiences.
- Present graphic/trend direction and campaign graphics to all internal groups, selling the unique and creative concepts through inspiring visuals and strong presentation skills.
- Create artwork, with color size technique indication, for approved graphics under aggressive timelines.
- Be a key partner in nurturing our clients’ brand identity and distinctive design vision
- Interact cross functionally across teams.
- Output high-quality digital deliverables, demonstrating the ability to balance design aesthetics with technical platform capabilities, limitations and other constraints
- Assist team members in creating elements for designs and layouts, and apply design principles such as color, typography, photographic selection, organizing elements and usability.
- Review final copy, layouts and content in print or digital form.
- Ensure brand standards across color, font, production quality and more.
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing.
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production.
- BA in graphic design or related field preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience preferred
- Previous agency experience or agency internship preferred
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Dreamweaver)
- Required Working knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Experience in web and print design
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable with print
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company offers competitive benefits, Paid Time off, 401K, Health, Dental, Life. Friendly, business casual office environment close to White Flint Metro.
Pay is based on skill level and experience.